Park Towne Animal Hospital is proud to serve Cedar Rapids, IA and surrounding areas. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of veterinary medicine along with friendly, compassionate service.
We believe in treating every patient as if they were our own pet, and giving them the same loving attention and care. We are a group of highly trained, experienced animal lovers who are devoted to giving our patients the best care possible.
If you have any questions about how we can care for your pet, please don't hesitate to call us at (319) 393-7834. Thank you!
The Early History of Park Towne Animal Hospital
- July 1, 1962: Recent Iowa State University veterinary medicine graduate, Victor Klopfenstein, DVM, joins Dr. Herman Strader and Dr. Al Evenson partnership in Marion and Central City as a full partner.
- March, 1963: Dr. Evenson and Dr. Klopfenstein bought the Marion Veterinary Clinic from Dr. Garrett Zoet and renamed the practice Linn Animal Hospital.
- Summer, 1964: Dr. Larry Wogahn began working for the Linn Animal Hospital. He graduated from Iowa State University in 1965 and became a partner on January, 1967. The early practice was 75% large animal and 25% small animal.
- 1970's & 1980's: Linn Animal Hospital flourished in spite of Rockwell Collins layoffs and changes in the Hog Cholera Virus vaccination protection and high interest rates.
- 1972: Dr. Terry Mangold joined the firm, and Park Towne Animal Hospital was built. It was then that Linn Animal Hospital changed dramatically to a 75% small animal and 25% large animal practice.
- 1981: Dr. Terry Mangold left the practice to move to his home town of Washington, Iowa.
- 1984: Dr. Allan Hogue joined Linn Animal Hospital fora short time.
- 1986: Dr. Mark Klopfenstein, Dr. Victor Klopfenstein's son, began working at Linn Animal Hospital and Park Towne Animal Hospital.
- 1980's & 1990's: Dr. Larry Wogahn practiced mainly at Park Towne Animal Hospital.
- October, 1998:Dr. Victor Klopfenstein retired,and Dr. Erin Garman joined the Linn Animal Hospital practice, which became 100% small animal, as it remains today.
- 2000: Dr. Larry Wogahn retired and Dr. Greg Winterowd joined Park Towne Animal Hospital.
- July, 2006: Dr. Jill Johnson joined the Park Towne Animal Hospital practice.